- Translating functional requirements from users into technical solutions, implementing, and iterating based on feedback
- Contributing to the technical roadmap and driving architectural improvements for improved performance, scalability, and resilience
- Operating on designs and determining code reviews with your colleagues in the global team in New York, Hong Kong, and India
- Providing second line production support as part of the developer support rota
- Deploying releases to active production
- Eliciting functional requirements from users into technical solutions, implementing, and iterating based on feedback
- Working actively and closely in a technical team
- Expert Core Java Skills including writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience working with data grid technologies such as Apache Ignite/Gridgain, and Oracle Coherence
- Significant Experience with Microservices, Spring boot, Databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives Products and Risk Management concepts such as the Greeks, Market Data, Profit and Loss, Profit and Loss explanation
- The Ability to take ownership of projects and see through to completion
- Experience with Linux, Bash, Git, Maven, Groovy, Python, Apache Kafka
London, England - United Kingdom
Java Job Details
Java Developer - Equity Derivatives
As a Barclays Java Developer – Equity Derivatives this is an exciting opportunity where you will be joining the Atlas Risk development team, working directly with Traders, Risk Managers and Finance teams to deliver new functionality, performance improvements and architectural enhancements to Barclays’ strategic Risk Management platform. You will be working in fast paced and rewarding environment, working closely with high-performing members of a global team, and engaged stakeholders.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Writing high quality code to deliver new functionality and architectural enhancements to production
• Hands-on Java Developers with extensive experience of medium/large scale, data-intensive n-tier distributed systems
• Ability to solve technical problems on your own
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.