- Develops design specifications and/or translates detailed design specs into computer software.
- Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Troubleshoots and enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
- Proficiency in Java, with a good understanding of its ecosystems.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Concepts
- Familiarity with different design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowhow of Java concurrency patterns
- Basic Understanding of the concepts of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Pattern, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity), and RESTful web services
- Experience working with web application frameworks
- Relevant Knowledge of Java GUI frameworks such as Struts, according to project requirements
- Ability to write clean, readable Java code
- Basic knowhow of class loading mechanism in Java
- Experience in handling external and embedded databases
- Understanding basic design principles behind a scalable application
- Skilled at creating packages, procedures and functions using PL/SQL
- Basic knowledge of JVM (Java Virtual Machine), its drawbacks, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- In-depth knowledge of code versioning tools, for instance, Git
- Understanding of building tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Expertise in continuous integration
- Experience with Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS)
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Hourly pay
- 8 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Java: 8 years (Required)
- SACWIS: 1 year (Required)
- MVC: 5 years (Required)
- JVM: 4 years (Required)
- Maven: 5 years (Required)
Cloud and Things Inc
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Java Job Details
Position: Java Developer
Duration: 4 months
Who we are:
Cloud and Things is building a platform to allow you to build your career! Our goal is to solve problems and deliver results for our clients. At Cloud and Things, you can be a part of the transformation of the public sector’s IT environment. Our team is on the forefront of helping to solve the government's most complex IT challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work on rewarding projects, consider a career with Cloud and Things.
The Programmer Analyst will work in a team environment to design, implement, and maintain Java based applications for the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services, which will primarily be the case management system, the Tennessee Family and Children Tracking Systems (TFACTS).
Cloud and Things complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Reference ID: 871
Job Type: Contract
Work Location: Remote