- Work closely with a dedicated cross functional team.
- Work mostly from home (if desired).
- Follow SAFE Agile practices.
- Deliver new functionality.
- Support existing functionality (with a Dev Ops mind set).
Bring your expertise to:
- diagnose prod issues.
- design new features.
- uplift technology.
- contribute to the team.
- contribute to engineering practices.
- contribute to the company.
- give advice to business.
- Build, optimise and automate data pipelines
- Develop great solutions on our most ambitious work.
- Identify solutions to business requirements.
- Estimate and plan workloads for upcoming sprints.
- Frame development solutions and explain thinking in a compelling way.
- Ensure development is maintainable, reusable and of high quality.
- Identify problems or areas for continuous improvement and provide solutions proactively.
- Collaborate in agile ways with Products Owners and the wider team to respond to business demand and deliver best practice solutions.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, helping them to solve their problems by delivering value quickly.
- Drive an agile, lean approach to development / engineering where people are focused on the right work.
- Foster a data-driven culture where people are encouraged to learn quickly and continuously improve.
- Contribute to a culture of agility and flexibility where people are focused on the right work and redirected to the right work if they lose their way.
- Take accountability for upstream and downstream impacts of any changes you and your team make that may impact a customer, employee or partner.
- Be a cultural ambassador! Help us develop products and services that we’re proud of!
- Forms and leads multiple teams with the right skills for the work that needs to be done to achieve outcomes.
- Delivers complex, cross functional initiatives with speed by ensuring teams adopt relevant methods and tools based on new ways of working.
- Accelerates team development by supporting each members development plan, and creating time for learning including team feedback/reflection.
- Provide advice to guide stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend best options
- Guide and mentor other more junior developers
- Continuously improve process and performance
- 2+ years of commercial experience in building, optimising and automating ‘data’ pipelines on AWS using Spark, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, Athena, RedShift, EKS, etc.
- Experience in data profiling, ETL development, SQL optimization.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling Techniques - Data Vault 2.0, Dimensional modeling.
- Experience in one or more of Python, Java, R, Spark SQL.
- Experience in data visualisation tool such as Tableau.
- Working knowledge of modern data warehousing architecture.
- Extensive experience working in an agile cross functional team.
Melbourne - Australia
Java Job Details
Closing Date6 Apr 2023 11:59pm
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Job SummaryAs a Software Engineer, you thrive on working with your team to design, build and deliver innovative software products and solutions that delight our customers. You apply broad knowledge in software application layer solutions and the software development lifecycle, to experiment, solve problems and own solutions that transform epics into new product features and capabilities. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset and collaboration skills are critical to success in this role, as you continue to deepen your knowledge and expertise in the Software Engineering Domain.
What is the focus of the role?
As a fully formed delivery practitioner, you play an integral role in achieving outcomes in program delivery and leverage ways of working through partnering with Group Owners to deliver against their OKRs. Your peers recognise you for supporting the development of engaged and high performing teams that deliver great outcomes for our customers. You use your experience working with complex stakeholder environments to manage expectations and deliver within the budget, quality and scope constraints.
You are key contributor in the Ways of Working and Delivery Chapter. You demonstrate Telstra behaviours and expertise in delivery. You actively contribute to the growth of the chapter and others by sharing insights and guidance to enable others’ growth and skills uplift. You will bring experience and expertise in one or more role in Delivery including Project Manager, Group Scrum Lead or Scrum Lead.
What you’ll do
Day to Date Activities
Collaboration and Culture
Leadership and Coaching
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we'd encourage you to apply!