- Programming (Java is preferred, but also valued is C/C++/C#, Python, SQL and/or scripting in Linux, Unix or Windows OS);
- Databases (such as Oracle, DB2, SQL-Server or PostgreSQL) and respective tools (EE, EM, CDC, Golden Gate, …);
- Installation, configuration and use of tools like Versioning (e.g. Git), Schedulers (e.g. Control-M), WepApp Servers and Parsers.
- Participating in, and sometimes leading, daily scrums
- Participate in planning tasks and supporting team leaders in coordination of activities
- Elicit and document client requirements
- Design software modules that interact with larger software project
- Participating in Java applications and components development according to team best practices
- Performing unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and proceduresParticipating in Web application and Java component development according to team best practices
- Performing unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and procedures
- Windows and Linux OS knowledge e scripting capability (CSH, Powershell);
- Programming skills (C, C# e/ou Java, Python, …);
- Ability to communicate in English and Portuguese, both speaking and writing. Additional languages are a bonus.
- Independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
- Knowledge of databases (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, My-SQL)
- Knowledge of development and operation tools (Eclipse, Git, Schedulers, Application servers, etc.)
- Knowledge of legacy technologies (e.g. Cobol) is a bonus
- Willingness to travel and work abroad for short periods of time
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
- Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent
Lisbon - Portugal
Java Job Details
IT Modernization DevOp (Junior)
This center is based in Sintra, Portugal, but our projects require us to travel frequently to our clients’ locations, in mainframe modernization projects taking place in the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Canada and other geographies. Good English skills are a must and all other languages are a bonus.
The ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Science fields, and experience with:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Programmer on our team, you will be working on several large projects within our clients’ businesses. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external clients to ensure that each module interacts properly with each other. The Programmer will also troubleshoot issues and develop new enhancements to achieve targeted results.
Your responsibilities will include:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.