- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- C++: 6 years (Preferred)
- C: 6 years (Preferred)
Toronto, OH - United States of America
Java Job Details
Role: C++ Developer
Client: Morgan Stanley
Location: Toronto, ON
The candidate will work as a hands-on C++ Developer within the GBOT DRM Market Risk Squad. This position is focused on delivering tactical and strategic solutions to support the Squad for analysis, processing, and reporting. The individual will be part of an Agile team working closely with team members in Toronto. The role will require the candidate to perform development and provide system support as required by the project. The individual would have the opportunity to re-architect, re-design, and re-engineer platforms to solve data distribution and orchestration problems. To be successful, the selected candidate will require an understanding of the banking technology landscape along with the ability to analyze requirements, identify data sources, and communicate to downstream systems.
- Analyze Business User Stories and translate them into meaningful tasks.
- Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
- Design stable, scalable Application, application database/data warehouse.
- The candidate shall be responsible for implementation of new risk models in C++ and deploy into Production environment.
- Work with WM Strat’s to fully understand the models and develop GUI around the models using Python & Angular/React and distributed database like DB2/Sybase.
- Supporting model run and enhancements in various environments (i.e.: QA, UAT and PROD).
- Identify potential improvements to the current design/processes.
- Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation).
- Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
- Support continuous improvement of automated systems.
- 5 / 7 years of demonstrated experience in C++ development
- 5+ years of competency in Python and UI development using Angular/React development experience
- Familiarity with risk modeling and simulation modeling
- Exposure to Grid computing technologies
- Technical background in integration, development, and/or infrastructure
- Familiar with system architecture to understand how data flows from upstream systems to downstream integration
- Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent organization, facilitation and analytical skills, attention to details and ability to multitask.
- Prior knowledge of working in an Agile squad/chapter setup. Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration
- Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA) and DevOps processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins and TeamCity).
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $65.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location