- Be part of an agile team to develop a scalable, highly available global voice platform
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, Engineering leaders and test engineers
- Understand performance and scalability principles and apply when developing software
- Be able to document and communicate clearly
- Be able to configure, Troubleshoot and support VOIP servers
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, configuring and troubleshooting systems
- Hands on experience in writing code in Java, OOD/OOP, Spring, MySQL
- Experience in coding in C/C++ and scripts is a plus
- Understanding of VOIP protocols like SIP, RTP, RTCP, WebRTC is highly regarded but not essential
- Good understanding of networking including firewall, ALG and VPN
- Experience in troubleshooting tools
- Prior experience in building telephony systems using asterisk, freeswitch and kamailio is a huge plus
- Experience with any public cloud platform is a plus
- Experience working on complex problems and systems
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum team
- Positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude with a strong-sense of ownership
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Melbourne - Australia
Java Job Details
Five9 provides businesses reliable, scalable, and secure cloud contact center software designed to create exceptional customer experiences, increase agent productivity, and deliver tangible business results.
We are driven by a passion to transform contact centers into customer engagement centers of excellence. Since 2001, Five9 has led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud.
Five9 is a leading provider of cloud software for the enterprise contact center market, bringing the power of the cloud to thousands of customers and facilitating more than three billion customer interactions annually. Our global voice team is looking for an energetic and experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about creating high-performing, scalable, and resilient mission critical voice services that are the foundation of Five9's contact center platform. In this position you will need to work on many different VOIP servers like sip proxy, session boarder controller, B2BUA. You'll gain experience in configuring such servers, writing scripts and investigate and debug problems independently.
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
California residents, view our Privacy Notice here: https://www.five9.com/legal/candidatenoticeca.
Our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area with global hubs in the United Kingdom, Germany, Philippines, Portugal, and Australia.