- 6 Months: 3rd April - September 22nd 2023
- 3 Months: 3rd July - September 22nd 2023
- 09:00-17:30 working hours
- Based in Central London
- Increasing our ability to analyse and monitor the platform
- Improving the identification of internal hybrid cloud supply chain integrity
- Enhancing pipeline monitoring
- Enhancing and supporting the existing trade technology platform and associated toolset
- Designing and implementing high quality code to work with large data sets
- Researching raw data and working with quant teams to ensure data quality and value
- Designing databases and enhancing and optimising query performance where possible
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing infrastructure and data processing tools that are responsible for regular handling of significant data feeds
- Excellent academics – you should be studying towards a 2:1 or above in Computer Science or Computer Science with Mathematics from a top tier university. You should also be able to demonstrate excellent academic performance at school
- Experience with an object oriented programming language, preferably C#, Java or C++
- Appreciation of good software architecture, core programming techniques and data structures
- Excellent technical communication and problem-solving skills
- Completed some development work experience
- Interest in finance
- Highly competitive compensation
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave pro-rated
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Monthly company events and regular intern socials
London, England - United Kingdom
Java Job Details
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Application close date: 01/02/2023.
We are currently seeking intellectually curious Computer Science students to join G-Research for the summer before their final year of study. We offer internships lasting either 3 or 6 months, finishing in September 2023.
Joining as a Software Engineering Intern will enable you to gain real-world experience of working on our highly successful systems and understand what it takes to keep them improving, whether that be modernising and adding features to our legacy software, or building new supporting services using the latest tech.
During your time with us, you will work on a meaningful and challenging project, under the supervision of a mentor, who will provide ongoing feedback. Previous project examples include:
This is a fantastic opportunity for innovative, bright students to help build world-class software in a progressive, fast-paced business. This challenging and satisfying software development role will also include delivering improvements to our production code.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Induction and training
Successful candidates will join G-Research on our internship programme, providing them with an in-depth introduction to the world of technology within finance, as well as extensive introductions to the internal workings of the business.
You will be paired with an experienced Engineer who will mentor you through your time with us. All interns will have access to numerous training courses, including soft-skill training and online learning licences to hone your technical skills
The first stage of the process is to get involved with our Weather Prediction challenge! You will have a maximum of 2.5 hours to complete the challenge. The deadline for completing the challenge is 03/02/2023.
Successful candidates will then be invited to interview.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be a strong, competent and practical software engineer. They will be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in both software technology and the underlying hardware.
The ideal candidate will have:
Why should you apply?
Please note, because we offer graduate roles to strong performers from our intern cohort, we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2024.
These roles will be fully on-site in our London offices.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.