- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required
- Responds to application problem tickets as necessary
- Supporting the management and control of the required testing effort.
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Prepare and execute System and Integration Test plans and document results
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities
- Troubleshoot program code, related objects, and documentation in order to resolve application issues.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java programming.
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs.
- Ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years of experience working in Java
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere
- Experience working with SOAP Web Services, Enterprise integration patterns
- Being familiar with tools: Eclipse IDE, Git, Apache Maven
- Additional knowledge: Cobol AS400, IBM DB2
- Option to work remotely within Spain even up to 100% - you choose
- Flexible working hours
- Wide range of internal and external trainings
- Free English, German and Spanish classes depending on the needs
- Ticket restaurant
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan - after 1 year in the company
- Referral bonus if you bring other talented people like you
- Special banking and insurance conditions
- Exclusive Employees discounts
- Location(s): ES - Barcelona, ES - Remote Work
- Remote working: Yes
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Alvaro Gallego Zazo
Barcelona - Spain
Java Job Details
Zurich’s Documentation and Finance development team is looking for a for a dynamic problem solver, highly motivated to drive change and eager to learn person.
Our scope provides IT services to the Personal & Commercial lines business. If you are always looking for improvements in processes, have a deep curiosity for processes and systems, and want to be involved end-to-end on digital solutions, this is the role for you!
As a Java Application Developer your main responsibilities will be:
Your Skills and Experience
As a Java Application Developer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
Primary work location is Barcelona, Poblenou. Please apply with your CV in English by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
You are the heart & soul of Zurich!
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We highly value the experience and know-how of our employees and offer a wide range of opportunities across business areas to encourage you to apply for new opportunities within Zurich when you are ready for your next career step.
Let’s continue to grow together!