- Excellent problem-solving and coding skills
- Experience doing development work on, and for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS etc) •
- The flexibility to change focus, and work on a variety of tasks in an agile team environment •
- Solid expertise in one or more common scripting languages (Python preferred, but Perl, Ruby etc are valued) •
- Solid expertise in one or more common structured programming languages (Java, C/C++ etc) •
- Good written and oral technical communication skills Desirable skills: •
- Makefiles and bash scripting •
- Android or iOS app development •
- Course work, experience or understanding on compiler internals.
- An international and multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
Ottawa - Canada
Java Job Details
Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform cybersecurity, empowering businesses to innovate for a secure, connected future. Building on over 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s services and solutions protect revenue, enable growth and fight cybercrime in video entertainment, video games, and connected industries including transport, health and infrastructure. Irdeto is the security partner dedicated to empowering a secure world where people can connect with confidence.
With teams and offices around the world, Irdeto’s greatest asset is its people – our diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and contribute to Irdeto’s success.
We are looking for a co-op student to join our Technologies team. As a member of our team, you would be a fully embedded team member working on all aspects of developing and maintaining our Core Technology using an agile methodology.
Tasks will vary sprint to sprint, but may include feature design and implementation, CI automation, testing automation, and verification.
How can you add value to the team
What you can expect from us:
Our people and culture are the heart of our business, and our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform what we do, and how we work. We believe in investing in our talented employees and promote collaboration, creativity and innovation, health and well-being across our global workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
Irdeto encourages applications from people with disabilities, as we provide accommodation on request of the candidates that take part in all aspects of the selection processes.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.