- Test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Be responsible for all project/ release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, deployment verification).
- Coordinate testing planning, support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria and gating).
- Apply risk analysis methodologies, tools that align with a project's development approach.
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects to project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Build, maintain test environments. monitor, trouble shoot, triage, resolve issues.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, recommend solutions.
- Identify, track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 2 - 4 years relevant experience.
- Solid Automation experience (Java - Selenium, python), Develop framework and hands on scripting using BDD approach.
- Good understanding of ETL - Database concepts (SQL/Unix Queries to perform Backend/Database Testing)
- Good understanding and experience working in Agile methodology.
- Proficiency with Jira for Test case creation and execution, Defect Management, Requirements Traceability, Dashboard Reporting
- Strong knowledge of Test Strategy development, Test Planning, Defect Reporting, test data management and Test Case/scripts design techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of testing, software development life cycle, QA methodologies, configuration management, defect tracking systems and automated test tools
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, independent and solid communication.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, provides leadership, project management and testing co-ordination.
- Identifies testing risks and coordinates test environment.
- Excellent communication, independent, organized and time management skills.
- Knowledge of cloud testing .
- Accessibility testing skills is an asset
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Toronto - Canada
Java Job Details
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary