- Design, implement and maintain Java application phases
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Transform requirements into stipulations
- Provide development recommendations of all supported application technologies
- 6+ years experience as a Java backend developer
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, SQS, RDS
- Experience with Docker
- Good understanding of Java concurrency and multithreading
- Good understanding of Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, NoSQL
- Good understanding of Micro-service architecture and design patterns
- Good understanding of REST API
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Open-minded and willing to adapt to existing development standards and structure
- Capacity to manage priorities and deadlines as efficiently as possible
- Capacity to work independently in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Open to criticism and feedback
- Experience with video streaming technology
- Competitive salaries
- Extended Dental & Health Care
- Yearly bonuses
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 8 hour shift
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Java Job Details
Senior Java Backend Software Engineer
LiveBarn is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our evolving and fast-paced technology team.
In this role, you will be focused on developing and maintaining our backend features for our product and internal tools. We are looking for a passionate individual who is eager to adapt and learn LiveBarn's development standards and design practices.
Who are we?
LiveBarn is a well-funded start-up company located in Montreal that provides live & on-demand streaming services for multiple sports. Our goal is to provide great services and user experiences to an ever-expanding user base.
What will you be doing?
What do you need to succeed?
What's in it for you?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Remote