- Perform systems analysis and design of changes to systems
- Maintain a working knowledge of tools and software packages used
- Undertake relevant research including the evaluation of new software, tools, and techniques, ensuring they are fit to the Bank's enterprise architecture and standards
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and peers to refine business requirements and to ensure they are met
- Comply with and contribute to the development of the Bank's policies, standards, and guidelines for software development, as well as tool selection
- Interest and experience in at least one of the following areas: -
- Real-time APIs, integration technologies
- Cloud / container technologies
- Backend application w/database development
- Contribute to Developer Knowledge Base
- Lead the identification/breakdown of development components and tasks, as well as estimations
- Guide other developers as they work through development decisions
- Support cross team collaboration
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation
- Undertake the coding for systems, as well as integration software services and perform code reviews for other developers
- Ensure written unit and integration tests for all developed code follow Bank's standards and maintain test coverage
- Have a curious and accountable mindset
- Have experience in Git, Java (Spring Framework), Azure DevOps and of course have relevant degree and qualifications
- Experience on docker would be a plus
Sydney - Australia
Java Job Details
Job no 497569 Type Open-ended - Flexible arrangement Location Sydney Category IT & Telecommuncations Advertised 23 Jan 2023 Closes 06 Feb 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
More excellence, less vanilla
We are looking for a switched-on team player who is keen to drive solutions for complex problems individually and in a team-based environment. You will get some of the best learning experiences, with advanced tools and team members who are passionate about protecting the security and stability of our technology estate. An innovative, curious work force with a solid belief in delivering value and efficiency through our work, we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace and support workplace flexibility.
To be successful in this critical role you will:
Within the Information Technology (IT) department, you will be part of a collaborative team of IT Banking Systems actively working across key banking & payments services, including additional value-added industry New Payment Platform (NPP) services, new evolution of Banking systems using cloud/container/real time integration platforms, key internal banking, and security initiatives. In this role, you will contribute to supporting, developing, and transforming Banking systems that support the Reserve Bank's policy, operational and corporate objectives.
While working for the bank you will also get a chance to serve the community.
The RBA makes an important contribution to the Australian economy through the pursuit of national economic policy objectives and associated activities in financial markets and banking. We also issue Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system, all of which contribute to the welfare of the Australian people.
Made up of specialists across a wide range of fields, our people have a meaningful role to play in achieving these objectives. Our people conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, while striving for excellence in the work they perform and the outcomes they achieve. We encourage intelligent inquiry and we treat one another with respect while promoting the public interest through our efforts.
We know it is the growth and success of our people that drives the Bank forward. Come and make a bigger contribution while you build and develop your own skills too, because being more means you can do more, for yourself and for Australia.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and encourage applications from expert candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
Applications close06 Feb 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Job Type: Full-time