- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related technical field.
- Experience in one area of computer science (e.g., Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Experience as a researcher, including internships, full-time, or at a lab.
- Experience contributing research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go, Python, etc.).
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Participate in research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
Dublin - Ireland
Java Job Details
Participation in this program requires that you are located in the UK or Ireland for the duration of the engagement.
Please complete your application before 10th March 2023. We encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
This opportunity is intended for students with an anticipated graduation date after December 2024, depending on their program and unique circumstances. If you are graduating before December 2024, we encourage you to apply to the Research Internship opening.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English (PDFs preferred). Please ensure your anticipated graduation dates (in MM/YY) and any proficiency in coding languages are listed on the resume.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: London, UK; Dublin, Ireland.
About the job
The Student Researcher Program’s primary objective is to foster academic collaborations with students through research at Google. Join us for a paid Student Researcher position that offers the opportunity to work directly with Google research scientists and engineers on research projects.
The Student Researcher Program offers more opportunities for research students to work on critical research projects at Google in a less structured way. The program allows for flexibility beyond the limitations of our traditional internship program on aspects such as duration, time commitment, and working location (with options for on-site or remote).
The topics student researchers work on tend to be open-ended and exploratory, and don't always have a clear deliverable like a traditional internship would.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.