- Design, build and maintain multiple complex software application technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems
- Develop innovative software that maintains data/ network security management, and leverage set processes to reduce the time between commission and production
- Authentically engage with and influence a multi-stakeholder landscape to translate customer needs into leading-edge software application products, services or systems that meet Telstra’s time, cost and quality standards
- Collaborate with team members and key stakeholders, seeking support, direction and buy-in to gather deep insights about the challenges and opportunities of our software application technologies and platforms
- Significantly contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of our systems and processes, to help define ‘best practice’ corporate testing standards and drive improved outcomes (e.g. productivity, customer experience and/or profitability)
- Java 11 + with good knowledge of J2SE and J2EE architecture.
- Microservcies Architecture and Design patterns
- Spring Core and SpringBoot Framework
- HTML 5, CSS, understanding of accessibility requirements
- Hands-on with both SQL and NoSQL DB
- Application Monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk
- Cloud Platform experience
- CICD tools such as GitLab and Bamboo
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience – Highly Desirable
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans, so we offer flexibility around where, and when you work.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
- Professional development program.
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan.
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years.
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme.
- Discounted Telstra products and services.
Melbourne - Australia
Java Job Details
Closing Date7 Feb 2023 11:59pm
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
Job SummaryAs a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on understanding and translating customer needs into new products and capability. You apply deep technical expertise and experience in software application layer solutions, to develop and deliver scalable design blueprints across the end-to-end software development life cycle. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset, collaboration and influencing skills are critical to success in this role.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join the Telstra Plus Team.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on understanding and translating customer needs into new products and capability. You apply deep technical expertise and experience in software application layer solutions, to develop and deliver scalable design blueprints across the end-to-end software development life cycle. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset, collaboration and influencing skills are critical to success in this role.
Your key responsibilities and major tasks include, but are not limited to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you. To hit the ground running we are looking for individuals who can confidently demonstrate the following:
Our perks & benefits:
We fully embrace flexibility and choice at Telstra and it’s as unique as you. We believe every role can flex in some way and encourage you to work where, when, and how you are most engaged, safe, and productive. Talk to us about how a role could be flexible for you!
On the cusp of the next technological transformation in the digital world, Telstra has and continues to be at the forefront of local and global innovation. Come disrupt and lead the industry as we build the networks for the future and push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology.
Recruitment Start Date: 10/01/2023
Recruitment End Date: 07/02/2023
Fixed Remuneration Range: $99,671 - $131,440 AUD