- We develop clean quality code that matches our client's vision.
- We iterate constantly to get the best possible outcome for all parties.
- We deploy products that add real value and that we are proud of.
- Engineering and delivering applications end-to-end including monitoring, CI/CD pipelines and documentation.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor
- Define, recommend and document best practices and strategies regarding application development, deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Work collaboratively with developers, designers, product managers and clients in an agile environment
- Well-versed in implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and related tools
- Previous exposure to large-scale system design
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems
- Familiar working with Agile framework principles (relative estimation, task breakdown, sprint cadences)
- Mobile development experience is nice to have Swift, Kotlin, Ruby, Python, C#, Java, Bash, Go, Rust, Elixr, PHP
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience in maintaining scalable API's in public/private cloud
- Experience in maintaining MySQL databases, DynamoDB, Aurora DB
- Experience with core AWS products such as S3, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Fargate, AWS Lambdas, ECS, MySQL, and Aurora and is able to define service capacity planning strategies
- Familiar with concepts like AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM)
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack
- Proficient in developing scalable APIs in public/private cloud
- AWS Certifications are a bonus
- A flexible 'work from anywhere' approach
- $1500 home set-up allowance for all new starters
- $1000 annual personal development budget
- 12 month subscription to the Centr Fitness and Wellness App
- Birthday leave
- Free access to counselling support as well as financial, wellbeing and nutritional coaching
- Paid parental leave (regardless of who is the primary carer)
- Monthly social budget
- Casual dress code
Sydney - Australia
Java Job Details
We're a team of researchers, designers, engineers, architects, innovators and change makers.
We help transform organisations by building design led, digital solutions. For 12+ years we have worked with some of Australia’s biggest brands, delivering innovative experiences on both mobile and the latest in emerging technology.
With offices in both Sydney and Melbourne, Bilue is driven by its mission to 'mobilise millions'. We strive for technical excellence, but we thrive on human connection. We support one another to challenge ourselves and our clients in the pursuit of continuous improvement. We’re welcoming, fun and we value the experience and knowledge of our mates.
We are looking for talented Full Stack Software Engineers who are experienced in building applications to join our team of creators who are consistently raising the bar for our clients. Although we say full stack, we know unicorns rarely exist and engineers usually lean towards either front-end or back-end. We're open to either!
Front-end (mostly): You are proficient in front-end development but don’t shy away from contributing to API code or logging into the AWS Console to debug something.
Back-end (mostly): You are competent and passionate about levelling up your skills in back-end development and AWS, but you understand what the front-end is all about and can jump in to diagnose issues when they arise.
Regardless of which way you lean, ideally you will have a unique blend of technical expertise, insatiable curiosity, an analytical mindset and are comfortable with building and/or maintaining everything from user interfaces to databases. You will be comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in the design and development of mission-critical websites, mobile applications and layers of the infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities:
General Engineering skills
Full stack - specialising in front-end
Full stack - specialising in back-end/AWS
Candidates must be located in either Sydney or Melbourne
Employee benefits include (to name a few):