- Develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions, and products on schedule.
- Produces code of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Creates Unit tests to ensure accuracy. Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- Provides accurate and timely input to Scrum Master regarding status of technical tasks.
- Provides support during meetings as required.
- Serves as a contact person in support of more serious production problems/issues.
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms
- 5-7 years’ experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility
- Java (11) , Experience with Streams API, Lambdas, Spring Boot, Microservices, Couchbase, Kafka, Camel.Experience working with Agile methodologies and Jira
- Experience with complex, enterprise web development
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to influence others to ensure that issues which have been raised are resolved
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to think through likely cause of problems before referring to others
- java: 5 years (Preferred)
- springboot: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microservices: 2 years (Preferred)
- Kafka: 2 years (Preferred)
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Java Job Details
The Java Developer will work on a team of software engineers to support the company's online and consumer digital experience. The team will primarily troubleshoot incidents and improve tech hygiene. The team will also add functionality to the company website and mobile apps that include digital wallets, buying and selling crypto currency, and expanding the use of the company's digital experience into countries around the globe. The work may include new development as well as maintenance or basic enhancement of existing features and functions that meet or exceed business needs. The Java Developer must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex application development related tasks.
Skills and Experience Required:
Education : Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience.
Required Experience & Skills
Versioning tools: Bitbucket
Nice to have:
Exposure on EKS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $350.00 - $450.00 per hour