- You’ll be responsible for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier applications.
- You’ll enhance existing applications to meet changes in need and requirement.
- You’ll provide technical support for the transition of applications into live service and support.
- You’ll ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- You’ll ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented
- Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
- Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
- Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging), Spring Framework 5 (preferably with experience of Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Hystrix)
- Experience of Websphere (or experience with alternative JEE App servers e.g. JBoss, Glassfish)
- Hands on development experience with hibernate, quartz and bootstrap technologies and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of Bitbucket (or experience with alternative GIT repositories e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience of Jenkins (or experience with alternative CICD e.g. TeamCity, Bamboo, Drone)
- Experience of Artifactory (or experience with alternative Binary Management e.g. Nexus, Archiva)
- Experience of working in collaborative teams
- Experience in pragmatic architecture, using just enough to get the job done.
- SC Cleared or Clearable
- Successfully delivering performant, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments
- Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
- JAX-RS for REST APIs
- Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- JIRA / Confluence
- IBM ODM Rules development
London, England - United Kingdom
Java Job Details
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of engineers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
The focus of your role
You will be a senior member of the engineering team bringing a mix of architecture skills, leadership as well as hands on development. As a hands on technologist we would expect you to be at least 70% hands on delivery. You will be designing and developing some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set, demonstrable technical leadership, you’ll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology. Your main area of expertise will be in Java and JVM related technologies but you will also bring to the table other related experience.
What you’ll do
What you’ll bring
Desirable experience of:
What we’ll offer you
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve? Do you want to build your personal brand through blogging, contributing to Open source and public speaking ?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what’s in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Find out more and apply.