- Responsible for supporting technical delivery of a project.
- Responsible for defining requirements supporting the various phase of the project. Available throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for the solution throughout the project.
- Responsible for the technical guidance of the delivery team ensuing standards are adhered to.
- Plan each Sprint Release with the Internal Team, 3rd Party Suppliers, Test teams, Technical and Business Stakeholders ensuring all scope and inputs are captured in detail.
- Ensure 3rd Party Suppliers are engaged optimally to support the successful delivery of the Small Change and Business Configuration Delivery channel
- Follow the agreed IT Demand and Governance processes on Status Management, Risk / Issue Management, Deliverables Management, Decision Management, Plan Management.
- 2+ years’ experience working on a project with Kafka in a production setting
- Experience working on projects implementing EDA (Event Driven Architecture)
- Preference for project that involved some form of CDC (change Data Capture)
- Senior Java Development experience (Spring Boot) 6+ years
In-depth knowledge of Kafka from a development perspective:
- Experience with stream processing
- Ability to run unit testing using Kafka TopologyTestDriver
- Ability to set up and configure Kafka brokers
- Experience with containers and familiar with Kubernetes (preference OpenShift)
- Experience working on a Cloud platform (preference AWS)
- Familiar with best practice around CI/CD
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Certification in Kafka . E. G Confluent Certified developer for Kafka.
Dublin - Ireland
Java Job Details
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer, and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing.
This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are looking for a Technical Lead with Kafka experience to join our team. In this role the Technical Lead will be providing support to our client's team covering all aspects of managing and delivering various high profile and cutting-edge projects.
As the Technical Lead you will work closely with the customers assigned technical lead and will be required be both hands on with development, in addition you will also put in place development standards and process.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: +353 1 901 9038