- As a member of a Zurich Life Web Team role, you will design and build quality and robust technical solutions based upon agreed business requirements
- Prepare and apply software releases between development, test and production environments.
- Triage, diagnose and remediate production issues in a complex technical environment.
- 4-5 years plus experience in a similar Java/J2EE software developer role.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Server-side Java development experience with J2EE (JMS, Web Services etc) and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience building responsive web applications using modern front-end technologies such as CSS and HTML5.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and JSON over REST-based data exchange.
- Experience in a Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using Enterprise Integration Patterns. REST, Mulesoft, SOA/Web services development a plus.
- Database experience such as using JDBC, JDO, Hibernate, iBatis etc.
- Continuous Integration: Maven, Nexus, BitBucket, Bamboo.
- Testing: JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI/LoadUI.
- IDEs: Eclipse, Rational Application Developer.
- Severs: IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Source control: Git, Svn.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- UX and design sensibilities are beneficial.
- Non-Technical Competencies:
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and focused on all aspects of the approach to work.
- Enjoy working within a team and be capable of working under own initiative.
- Hold a recognised 3rd level qualification in Computer Engineering/Science.
- Fluent written and oral English.
Dublin - Ireland
Java Job Details
Zurich Life Assurance is looking for a Java Developer to work within the IT Department. Zurich Life Ireland’s IT department is comprised of ten competency centres reporting to the Head of IT. Each competency centre is focused upon a specific capability such that when combined they operate as a cohesive partnership aimed at providing application delivery and maintenance capabilities for our customers.
The Web competency is responsible for building and maintaining five external Zurich websites as well as a collection of internal services and portals. The team works with business colleagues and other teams within IT to deliver projects within the IT delivery programme.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are seeking to appoint a Java Application Developer Level II with at least 5 years software development experience to design and implement web-application projects across the organisation.
Your Skills and Experience
Essential and Desirable
Primary work location is Blackrock. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand. Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.