- Build machine learning models to solve multimedia related classification, regression and ranking problems.
- Contribute ideas and techniques to shape decisions and improve search quality metrics.
- Participate in design, implementation and execution with a team of engineers, applied scientists and product manager.
- Raise the bar on code quality and development velocity by bringing in industry standard tools and best practices.
- Learn and implement security, supportability, explainability, performance, and execute to meet the requirements.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning or similar technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong programming experience in languages like C#, C++, Java, Python.
- Strong experience in machine learning, or data mining.
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, or Computer Vision techniques
- Familiarity with deep learning tool-kits, e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- Experience with semi-supervised learning, active learning, outlier detection
- Clearly demonstrated record of accomplishment in delivering results.
- Passion, creative problem-solving skills, and ability to ramp up in new areas.
- Scientific publications and experience of peer-review for journals / conferences
Barcelona - Spain
Java Job Details
Why work at WebXT
Inside Microsoft's Web Experiences Team
Our team develops advanced search technology that powers Bing image search experiences. The search experience is more than just finding an image on a web page that matches a query – it’s about training sophisticated machine learnt models to drive ranking and triggering, using word embeddings and deep learning to understand the quality of matches, online learning to react quickly to change, natural language processing to understand queries, taking advantage of big data and signals from millions of people across the web. Pulling together and combining information from multiple sources to provide the user with results that best match their intent. Machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, big data mining and information retrieval - it’s all part of the job.
This is a fun and fast paced environment, where developers are empowered to collaborate and innovate. This is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft, and an opportunity to directly impact millions of users in an exciting area.
As a team dedicated to building and promoting a diverse and inclusive team and environment, we look forward to receiving applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds!
Basic Qualifications required for this role:
Below are some additional qualifications and experiences that can help one’s success in this role, but are not required:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#AppliedScientist# #DataScientist# #NLP# #computervision#